To expand the size of a virtual hard disk on a Windows Server
You can expand the storage capacity of the virtual hard drive using the following procedure:
- Go to your server list and select your server.
- Click on the Modify
- In the Volumes section, click the cogweheel and choose detach.
- You can now choose to extend your drive and then choose to attach it again.
- Now you need to restart your server and log on to it as Administrator.
Every time you increase the size on your server via our control panel it needs a manual intervention in order to use the new space.
- Open Server Manager, then lick on Tools, Computer Management.
- In the list to the left, choose Disk Management
- Highlight and right-click the volume you want to expand, in this example we select C: and select Extend Volume.
- You just click on Next
- Windows will automatically detect that there is free space and select it. It is in the column Selected items, you select the space in the column Available and press the button "Add". Press Next and then Finish.
- In this case, C: will now have exapnded accordingly.
To reduce the size of a virtual hard disk on windows server
You can never minimize your volume on your server in Openstack.
Therefore, we always recommend that you start with a smaller disk as standard 20GB and then gradually increase it if its needed.